What are Wraparound Services?
Wraparound shifts focus away from a problem-based approach to care. Wraparound instead uses a strength-based approach, focused on the needs of the youth and their family. The intent is to build on individual and family strengths. This helps families achieve positive goals and improve their well-being.
How Does It Work?
- The Wraparound Facilitator meets with the family and together they develop a Strengths Assessment.
- A team is created with the youth, family, natural supports, and their choice of professionals.
- The team meets regularly to create an individualized plan to help meet the needs of each family.
- The plan is strength based and focuses on the needs of the youth and family.
10 Wraparound Principles Include:
- Family Voice and Choice
- Natural Supports
- Community Based
- Culturally Competent
The Wraparound process brings together a team of people to work with you and your family.
Youth must be 21 years of age or younger and meet at least two of the Medicaid Criteria.
- Youth who are involved in multiple serving systems.
- Youth who have been served through other mental health services with minimal improvement.
- Youth who are at-risk of out-of-home placement or are currently in out-of-home placement.
- The risk factors exceed capacity for traditional community-based options.
- Numerous providers are serving multiple individuals in a family and the identified outcomes are not being met.